How to Buy:
We appreciate your taking the time and trouble to browse www.findstone.com
We are a self-service marketplace for the stone industry worldwide with
20000 supplier members (5000+ in USA) to enable you to effortlessly get
the best possible cost - quality - delivery - payment combination. In
any case, the information will save you costs and time and will improve
decision-making and increase satisfaction.
The first step in buying is to specify
We will post your inquiry on the site FREE
and suppliers' responses will be sent to you but for that we ABSOLUTELY
- your name, company name, location (city/state/country)
- your phone number - this will not be posted
- all specifications e.g. quantity, size range, application if buying
- from which geographical areas are you willing to buy?
- at what stage of the buying process are you?
- what steps need to be completed before you can finalize a supplier?
- by which date do you expect to finalize / place an order?
Best is to answer the full list of questions
given below. If you do not have the requisite information at this stage,
give as much information as you can, and ask whatever questions or doubts
you have. BUT DO IT NOW. The silliest mistake
is to wait to gather more info but if you are at a planning stage and
need any type of help, send detailed questions.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want SAMPLES,
read at the bottom.
If you are a RETAIL
buyer, inform :
- your location & phone number
- quantity estimate
- price range or budget
- stone name or type
- image in www.findstone.com/country-stone.htm
or on any website
- needed by when
- reason why you can not source through yellow pages
To request a quote for COMMERCIAL
QUANTITIES of stone, inform:
- your city, state and phone number
- zip code, if in USA, to calculate delivery costs
- at what price delivered will you definitely place an order? else give
- how soon can you order?
- who has to approve the order?
- approximate quantity?
- want to import or buy domestic?
- what is the application? any drawing?
- stone type e.g. marble?
- product e.g. tiles?
- size range? do you want offers in metric or in ft/in.
- surface? e.g. polished, honed, sawn, natural i.e. cleft, flamed, bush-hammered,
- shade variation e.g. standard, minimum, doesn't matter?
- quality? e.g. first / best, commercial, rejects?
- stone trade name?
- country of origin?
- image e.g. on any website?
- date needed by?
- who will inspect?
- will you pay for postage cost of samples?
- your profile
To buy TILES,
give additional info e.g.
- Sizes? standard sizes are 30x30x1 cm, 30.5x30.5x1 cm i.e. 12"x12"x1/8",
40x40x1 cm, 45x45x1.2cm or 16"x16"x1/8",
60x60x2cm, 61x61x2cm i.e.
2'x2'x1/4". Other sizes are 60x30x1 / 30x15x1
- free lengths or strips are defined as e.g. 30x1xfree length, etc.
- to get best prices, state that size is irrelevant but inform if you
want offers in inches or cm.
- calibrated or not? If glueing, then needed. If fixing with cement, then
- chamfered or not?
To buy BLOCKS,
- minimum size
- unacceptable shape types
- unacceptable defects
- how will inspection be done
To specify SANDSTONES,
- length, width and thickness
- surface finish e.g. cleft, honed or polished
- edges e.g. quarry cut, fine hand cut or machine cut
- thickness i.e. natural split thickness or calibrated thickness
If you need MACHINERY,
- your full contact details - name, address, phone, fax
- what do you want to do? - e.g. cut blocks into slabs or tiles
- do you want new or used machines?
- do you have a preference from which country you wish to buy?
- what level of automation do you want?
- what is your budget?
- when do you want to buy?
- what type of stones are you going to cut, slabs thickness, etc.?
- quantity requested for production per month; and if you have any special
To buy DIAMOND
BLADES, do give:
- the diameter and the thickness of
- the RPM of the machine
- which type of bonding you require? (resin / metal bonding)
- which material are you going to grind? (to decide the bonding)
If you need SAMPLES,
FIRST ensure that the stone image matches your needs and what our member
supplier has. So
a) see images in www.findstone.com/country-stone.htm & comment on
b) if you like an image on any other website, tell us the url of that
c) if you have an image of what you would like, then email us that
d) or approve the image sent to you. (If our member supplier has not sent
one, then first ask for that)
NEXT finalize the quality, price, payment
& delivery terms with the supplier to get samples FREE of cost.
OR ELSE pay courier charges or give your DHL / UPS / Fedex account numbers
and $ 20 fee to findstone for arranging samples. These payments will be
re-imbursed by the supplier when you place an order. To pay, go to www.findstone.com/payment.htm